The nation pays homage to Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi on his 69th death anniversary today (30 January 2017).
- He was assassinated on this day in 1948. Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid tribute to Mahatma Gandhi on the occasion.
Aadhaar number printed on paper perfectly valid: Centre
A printout of the downloaded Aadhaar card, even in black and white form, is as valid as the original card and there is no concept such as smart or plastic card.
Today i.e., 29th January 2017 is National Immunization Day.
President Pranab Mukherjee has launched the countrywide programme for 2017 by administering polio drops to children aged below five years at a function in Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- The programme will cover around 17 crore children aged under five years in an effort to maintain the country's polio-free status.
Cyber security is a growing concern. Data Privacy Day is observed every January 28 as a reminder to protect and safeguard private data.
- Data Privacy Day was first initiated by the Council in Europe in 2007.
- The purpose of Data Privacy Day is to raise awareness and promote privacy and data protection best practices.
- It is currently observed in the United States, Canada, India and 47 European countries.