*99*99# is a USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) based value added service from NPCI that facilitates the customers to check the status of his/her Aadhaar number seeding/linking in the bank account.
The service works across all GSM service providers and brings together the diverse ecosystem partners such as Banks & TSPs (Telecom Service Providers).
- *99*99# service, is alternatively known as QSAM (Query Service on Aadhaar Mapper). Using this service, a person can check the Aadhaar seeding/linking status in his/her bank account.
- This service can be availed by dialing *99*99# from any GSM mobile handset.
- User can know whether his/her Aadhaar number is seeded/linked to any bank account number or not. If yes, then with which bank the Aadhaar number is linked and the last updation date of the Aadhaar number.
- Customer is not required to register his/her mobile number to check the Aadhaar seeding/linking status. However, the customer is required to have a bank account.
- Works without Internet
- Uses voice connectivity
- Accessible through a common code *99*99# across all TSPs
- No additional charges while roaming for using the service
- Works across all GSM service providers and mobile handsets
- Round the clock availability to customers (works even on holidays)
- No need to install any application on mobile handset to use the service
- Value added channel for checking the Aadhaar seeding status in the bank account
Note : *99# used only after registration and used only on registration mobile number’s mobile. while, *99*99# used on any mobile which has GSM mobile handset.