Mobile Money Identifier is a 7 digit number, issued by banks. MMID is one of the input which when clubbed with mobile number facilitates fund transfer. Combination of Mobile no. & MMID is uniquely linked with an Account number and helps in identifying the beneficiary details.
- MMID stands for Mobile Money Identifier.
- MMID is a 7 digit code issued by the bank to their customers for availing IMPS.
- MMID is issued to only to those customers whose preferred mobile number is registered with the bank.
- Different MMID’s can be linked to same Mobile Number
- Customer can link more than one account to the same mobile number. However each A/C no. will have different MMID.